Portland Street Spiritualist Church 
Southport PR8 1HN 
[email protected]/01704 541001

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > A visit from my dad?

pathways05
Site Owner

In 2001 my dad passed away after a long battle with cancer.  As you can imagine my brothers, sister and myself were shattered by his passing.

On the day of his funeral (held at Southport Crematorium), it was such a peaceful and wonderful  May day - the sun shining and everywhere beginnng to bloom just as dad would have liked it.

As the day wore on we were all feeling quite desolate, but that long day finally came to an end.

I awoke in the early hours of the following morning to feel my hair billowing on my face, my nightdress also billowing against my back - I knew there was a presence in the bedroom - I reached out my hand to wake my husband - but just couldn't move (fear I suppose) - with my heart racing I was afraid to turn around to see who or what it was.  I can asure you that I was not laying in a draught, no windows or doors were open, but still my hair had be blown gently onto my face - but by who?

Later that morning I rang my sister, Gill to ask if she had had any strange experiences during the night, she replied 'no, but you have' - I asked her how she knew and she told me our cousin Lorraine (an accomplished Medium) had rang her early that mornign to say, that she was woken by my dad who told her to let me know how sorry he was for frightening me, but he justed wanted to check and see for himself just how much pain I suffered due to my Rhuematiod Arthritis, that he didn't mean to scare me.

I feel that since that experience it has enabled me to connect more readily with spirit, and the fear I had that day, has now subsided - I accept that which spirit bring, with the loving way they wish to share with us.

February 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joanne

Thats lovely. Its nice to know that spirit are around us and looking after us. Its brings such comfort to know they are never far away from our side. Joanne.x

February 15, 2009 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nigel

I Second on what you Say Joanne. It is Lovely have to them around.  So you Nerver Feel Alone,so you just got this think and they will be around to watch over us in there own Special way.

February 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris S

Thats a lovely story and now you have got over the fear factor i have no doub he visits you all the time (sneaking in anywhere and everywhere he can lol)

chris s xx

--
February 22, 2009 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Christina Parfitt
Site Owner

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments!  Yes my dad is with me always, so I am very lucky in that aspect - hopefully there are more of you out there that have such wonderful stories/experiences to share with us.

Lnl, Tina

x

September 10, 2009 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Christina Parfitt
Site Owner

Come on guys, how about some personal experiences!

Lnl, Tina

x

July 29, 2010 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Christina Parfitt
Site Owner

Don't forget everyone this is an interactive page, you can share your own experiences with us all.  Lnl, Tina

x

November 23, 2010 at 5:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.