Portland Street Spiritualist Church 
Southport PR8 1HN 
[email protected]/01704541001

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > The Transfiguration by Muriel E Shorten

Christina Parfitt
Site Owner
When I married 'twas during the war, I was a little bit scared of my Mother-in-law, But I found there was one thing she couldn't resist. She could not pass the hall of a Spiritualist. We'd go for a walk, and egvery road lead, To a Spiritualist Hall, and the voice of the dead, "Oh let us go in. It's George here today, It won't take us long to hear what [email protected] say." She told me of things Geeorge had told her before, She said all these things had come true, But George never forecast the future for me, So I didn't believe her. Would you? She told of a Transfiguration, In which her Grandmother appeared. But she couldn't acknowledge the lady. She was scared, 'cos it all seemed so weird.' Now this story started me thinking, Could there be truth in what she had said? Could the face of a person who's living, Change to taht of someone [email protected] dead. So I decided to go to a meeting, The truth for myself I must see, As I sat in a room that was darkened, I was scared that they might come to me. The medium sat at a table, With a red light that shone on her face. A man stood beside her talking to us, He said "Mark and take note of your place." The mediums face started changing, Her voice turned to that of a male. a man who was sitting beside me, Turned a white than white sade of pale Talk to him said the mediums assistant. If you don't talk he really can't stay, "When someone's been dead for more than ten years, Tell me ...... What is there to say?" "You must talk to him" said the man at the front, But the living man's voice had quite gone "God bless you and thank you for coming" Cried the audience as if they were one." And this was repeated with others, Who's astonishemnt made them quite dumb, But the Audience came to their rescue. "god Bless you ..... We're glad you could come." Then the medium's face changed to a woman, And a turban appeared on her head "My God. Oh my God, it's Aggie" A voice in the audience said. A typical scouser was Aggie, she said "Fanchy them letting me through, I was hoping I might get to see you, Believe it or not there's a queue. D'ya remember the nights in the air raids, And out in the shelter we'd be, Remember the hymn that we all used to sing, Together they said ............. "Abide with me." Aggie really was funny, Much to the peoples delight, She said she was told to behave herself, And she couldn't stay with us all night. That was the end of the meeting, By the audeince I was really amused, But as for the rest of the seance, I'll admit, I'm completely confused.
January 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chrissie Keelan

Oh this is brilliant!   So clever!  :) xxx :D

January 31, 2010 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Christina Parfitt
Site Owner

Yes it is, and written by Ted's mum too!

He passed it onto me a while ago, and whilst sorting things out yesterday, I found it and put it on the site.

So glad you enjoyed it!

The update on the Awareness Page is great by the way.

Lnl, Tina

xx

February 1, 2010 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris S

This was based on a real experience by Teds mum who was always a little afraid of "this sort of thing" Ted and me had dragged her out to a transfiguration service at Daulby St Church -don't think she ever really knew what to make of it lol.

Chris S xx

March 2, 2010 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Christina Parfitt
Site Owner

Chris S at 11:39AM on Mar 02, 2010

This was based on a real experience by Teds mum who was always a little afraid of "this sort of thing" Ted and me had dragged her out to a transfiguration service at Daulby St Church -don't think she ever really knew what to make of it lol.

Chris S xx

Hi Chris,

how wonderful!  It's lovely to share such special moments in one's life with others.

Lnl, Tina X

March 4, 2010 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.